Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Resources
For more information on the Northland Foundation's Thrive Initiative and other work related to early childhood mental health, please contact Lynn Haglin, Northland Foundation Vice President/KIDS PLUS Director. A number of publications are also available for download:
- Spotlight on Adverse Childhood Experiences: A Paradigm Shift for Children and Families - Marlys Johnson 2014 (2mb pdf of PowerPoint)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences in Minnesota: the Research, Data, and Minnesota Response - MN Dept. of Health 2014 (800kb pdf of PowerPoint)
- Lessons Learned Publication (707kb pdf)
"Painting A Brighter Picture of Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health in Greater Minnesota" includes highlights of the Thrive organizing process, case studies from each of the six sites, and lessons learned during the three-year piloting phase.
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Resource Directories
Guides to local organizations providing services within the mental health continuum of care for young children and families in northeastern Minnesota communities.
- Aitkin County (146kb pdf)
- Carlton County (194kb pdf)
- Duluth, Proctor, and Hermantown (804kb pdf)
- "At-a-Glance" Directory for Duluth, Proctor, and Hermantown (124kb pdf)
- Itasca County (174kb pdf)
- North Shore - Lake and Cook Counties (174kb pdf)
- Northern St. Louis County - Hibbing, Virginia, Aurora, Hoyt Lakes, Biwabik, Mountain Iron-Buhl, Eveleth, Gilbert, Ely, and surrounding communities (182kb pdf)